Administrators and team members can use the Jira integration to create, view, and update Jira issues from within Helpwise. Users can create new issues with custom field details, or they can access existing issues and link them to a specific Helpwise conversation and contact.
Key Functionalities of JIRA Cloud X Helpwise Integration1. Create JIRA Issues: Created issues get linked to the particular conversation and contact on Helpwise
2. Update JIRA issues: Edit existing issues and add comments directly from Helpwise3. Configure Custom Fields: Add additional context to your JIRA issues. Custom fields can be configured from integration settings.
4. Get Context on JIRA: When a Jira issue is linked to Helpwise, Helpwise Conversation and Contact details (email for email inbox, phone number for SMS, Whatsapp inbox) are added to the details of the Jira issue.
- You can also link a Helpwise conversation or contact on JIRA directly by populating the 'Helpwise contact email' and 'Helpwise conversation link' fields on JIRA
Note: To enable the Jira integration for the first time, you must be an admin in Jira and Helpwise, however once enabled, it can be used by any team member.
How to Setup JIRA Integration
Step 1: Go to the Automation menu and select IntegrationsStep 2: Select JIRA from the list of integrations and click on Connect Step 3: Authorize Helpwise to access your Atlassian Account by clicking Accept.
In case, you are not logged in to your Atlassian Account, then you first need to log in to your account and authorize the access request.
Step 4: Click Confirm on redirection allowing Helpwise to create custom fields namely Helpwise Conversation Link and Helpwise Contact which are used to link Jira Issue with Helpwise
Step 5: Configuration in your JIRA account
- Go to your Jira Issue Settings
- Click on Custom Fields and search for Helpwise Conversation Link and Helpwise Contact, and associate both these fields to the screen
Step 6: You're all set! Start using Jira from the integration panel on Helpwise
Team member Steps
Step 1: Go to the Automation menu and select Integrations
Step 2: Select JIRA from the list of integrations and click on ConnectStep 3: Authorize Helpwise to access your Atlassian Account by clicking Accept
In case, you are not logged in to your Atlassian Account, then you first log in to your account and authorize the access request.
Step 4: Go into your inbox in Helpwise. On any conversation, click on the Jira icon from the integration panel
Step 5: Click on Create Issue to create a Jira issue directly from Helpwise
Note: Helpwise Conversation Link and Helpwise Contact are required to be configured for using Jira X Helpwise integration.
- Helpwise conversational link will contain the conversation URL
- Helpwise contact will contain Phone Number (in case of SMS/Whatsapp Inbox) and/or email address (in email inbox/live chat inbox)
If you have any queries about the Jira Cloud x Helpwise integration or anything around Helpwise, feel free to contact our live chat support or email at firstname.lastname@example.org