Important Note: Ensure you have the requisite permissions ('Send as' permissions) on Outlook before setting up the inbox, so that you and your team are able to send emails from Helpwise. We recommend that your Microsoft Outlook admin sets up the shared inbox on Helpwise for a seamless experience.
What happens to my existing emails on Outlook when I connect Helpwise?
Existing emails on Outlook will get automatically imported to Helpwise. It may take a 24-48 hours for the import to complete, depending on the volume of emails.
How to set up my Outlook shared mailbox on Helpwise?
- Go to Inboxes > Add Inbox from the top navigation panel
- Select the 'Microsoft' card
- Toggle on "Shared Outlook inbox". Enter the name and email id of the shared inbox and click on "Connect Outlook"
- You will be redirected to login to your Microsoft account. Log in with your account.
- You are done! Your old emails will automatically start importing in the background (it may take a few hours).
Inbox SettingsGo to Manage > Inboxes from the top navigation panel to manage the settings of your freshly created shared inbox.
In the Settings, you can also:
- Give team members access to the inbox
- Set up aliases
- Set up assignment rules
- More settings
Other important points to note about the 2 way sync:
- Any folders you have created on Outlook will appear as tags on Helpwise. Folders with these tags will be created automatically (refer screenshot). We do not support sub-folders right now.
- If you snooze an email on Outlook, it will not get snoozed on Helpwise. If you snooze an email on Helpwise, it will create a folder called "Snoozed" in Outlook and appear there.
- Drafts are not synced between Helpwise and Outlook