Important Note: To set this up, you need to be a member of the Mailbox and have full Mailbox Permissions: ‘Read and Manage’, ‘Send as’, and ‘Send on Behalf’. See instructions on managing Outlook shared mailbox permissions.
What happens to my existing emails on Outlook when I connect Helpwise?
Existing emails on Outlook will get automatically imported to Helpwise. It may take 24-48 hours for the import to complete, depending on the volume of emails.
How to set up my Outlook shared mailbox on Helpwise?
- Go to Inboxes > Add Inbox from the top navigation panel
- Select the 'Microsoft' card
- Toggle on "Shared Outlook inbox". Enter the name and email id of the shared inbox and click on "Connect Outlook"
- You will be redirected to login to your Microsoft account. Log in with your account.
- You are done! Your old emails will automatically start importing in the background (it may take a few hours).
Inbox SettingsGo to Manage > Inboxes from the top navigation panel to manage the settings of your freshly created shared inbox.
In the Settings, you can also:
- Give team members access to the inbox
- Set up aliases
- Set up assignment rules
- More settings
Other important points to note about the 2 way sync:
- Any folders you have created on Outlook will appear as tags on Helpwise. Folders with these tags will be created automatically (refer screenshot). We do not support sub-folders right now.
- If you snooze an email on Outlook, it will not get snoozed on Helpwise. If you snooze an email on Helpwise, it will create a folder called "Snoozed" in Outlook and appear there.
- Drafts are not synced between Helpwise and Outlook